As of June 1, RecycleSearch will no longer support Internet Explorer 11.
Please switch to one of our
as soon as possible.
The Athens-Hocking Solid Waste District is the most beautiful solid waste district in all of Ohio. The goal of the solid waste district is to reduce, reuse, and recycle solid waste that is generated in the district and to develop plans and programs and evaluate its successes. The district is responsible for planning and implementing, and the oversight of a 15 year comprehensive management plan.
Our primary goal is to reduce, reuse, and recycle and eliminate adverse impacts of waste materials on public health and the environment. We do this by providing information and opportunities, expertise to businesses and residents, and providing programs that support sustainable materials management to reduce the environmental impact of waste.
The Sutton Road Recycling Center is on Sutton Road in Logan Ohio. The Sutton Road Recycling Center is a Center for Hard to Recycle Materials (CHaRM) where common unwanted items may be dropped off by appointment only. The Athens Hocking Solid Waste District will partner with local organizations so accepted materials will be reused, up-cycled, recycled or properly disposed.
The Sutton Recycling Center located at 33845 Sutton Rd. in Logan, Ohio also serves as a 24 hour, 7 day a week household recycling & cardboard drop-off location. The Sutton Recycling Center is one of the busiest locations of the district’s 22 drop-off locations.
C & D
- Do not bag recyclables
- Empty and replace cap
- Include lids with containers
- Rinse or wipe clean all food or other residue from bottles & containers
- No Bags, Wrap or Film Plastic
- No Black Plastic
- No Blister Pack
- No Buckets
- No Caps
- No Compostable Products (e.g. PLA)
- No Cups
- No Deli, Take-out or Bakery Clamshells or Trays
- No Flower Pots
- No Foam
- No Foam Blocks/Shapes
- No Foam Food Service: cups, plates, take-out containers
- No Foam Peanuts
- No Food Contaminated Containers
- No Frozen Food Bags
- No Hazardous Product Containers
- No Lids
- No Microwavable Containers
- No Motor Oil Bottles/Containers
- No Non-food containers
- No Other Film
- No PET (1) Non-bottle containers
- No Plastic marked 'Other' (7)
- No Plastic marked PS (6)
- No Plastic marked PVC (3)
- No Pouches
- No Products that Contain Bio- or Oxi- Degradable Additives
- No Straws
- No Thin Foamed Product Wrap/Sheets
- No Toys
- No Toys with Metal or Electronics
Member of the following program(s):
Ohio EPA's Division of Materials and Waste Management works closely with Ohio's Solid Waste Management Districts to manage this directory. This Directory is provided as a public service and is not an endorsement of specific businesses or organizations.